Here is some more information to guide you through how the government decides what package you receive, and ways PAC can support you at home.
Commonwealth Home Support Programme and Home Care Packages
Working out whether you need the Commonwealth Home Support Programme or a Home Care Package
Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
For basic home care needs
The Regional Assessment Service (RAS) will assess you or your loved one’s needs.
If your needs are assessed as “entry level”, you might qualify for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). This is one of the government’s two funding streams for aged care in the home.
Presbyterian Aged Care is skilled and experienced in providing Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) services.
Some of these include:
- Domestic assistance – household jobs such as cleaning, clothes washing, ironing
- Allied health services, podiatry, & physiotherapy
- Social support – one-to-one and in groups
- Planned respite
To view the 2021 CHSP brochure click here
Home Care Packages (HCP)
For more complex home care needs
If your needs are more complex than “entry level”, My Aged Care may refer you for an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) assessment. You may qualify for a Home Care Package (HCP).
HCPs have four different levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4.
The higher the level, the greater the funding for services available to you.
Presbyterian Aged Care (PAC) is skilled and experienced in providing Home Care Packages and managing the variety of services that may be required.
Home Care Packages (HCP) are designed to provide the care recipient with “Consumer Directed Care” (CDC).
This means that you have input and direction into your care plan and support services, and choose the services you receive.
Some examples of direction you can give are:
- What services, activities and equipment will be paid for from your HCP funding
- Which organisations will provide the services
- Who will administer your funding
- How much of your case management will be done by PAC
PAC’s expert Case Managers will help you to gain the maximum benefit from your HCP funding.
Having a PAC Case Manager means you only deal with one organisation – even though other service providers who perform different types of tasks might be used.
Remember, PAC’s Case Managers live and breathe Home Care and can advise you on how to get the most from your package when we meet.
To view the 2021 PAC Home Care Package brochure click here
We understand the ups and downs associated with change. We also know that the care you need is different to everyone else’s.
We provide a range of the highest quality care for you or your loved ones, tailored to your individual needs.
Here are some examples of our home care services:
- All routine cleaning
- Washing of clothes, bedding & towels
- Nutritional advice
- Occupational therapy
- Changing dressings
- Monitor changes with medications
- Change a catheter
- Continence advice
- Assistance with oxygen
- Educate on healthcare strategies
- Visiting services
- Telephone based monitoring services
- Assisting with shopping etc.
- Go out for tea or coffee
- Clients attend “Day therapy centre”
- Variety of activities to foster social contact & accompaniment from cards to support groups to yoga to external trips & outings
- Keeping company
- Routine domestic duties
- Preparing meals
Our specialist Package Advisors are with you every step of the way
Presbyterian Aged Care is experienced with both the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and the Home Care Package (HCP).
We’re here to guide you through the decision making process.
When we meet, our Package Advisors will listen carefully to your wishes.
There are lots of things we do to help you navigate the aged care system:
- We’d like to know what your goals are for your physical, social, spiritual and emotional desires and goals.
- Our Package Advisors listen to your needs to finalise a care plan that also meets the government guidelines
- We provide you with an agreement outlining our services
- We help you understand the level of government funding and your contribution amount that the government sets for you
- PAC can also explain any services that you might choose above your funding level