The Australian Government has changed the way you access aged care services.

You now have more flexibility to choose your own Home Care provider, and you can choose from a range of services to help you at home.

How you can get care at home

There are four steps to receiving government funding for aged care in your home.

Remember, we’re here to help. You can call us at PAC to guide you through the process.

  • Step 1: Register

    Register with the federal government’s My Aged Care website this is known as “MAC”.


    You can call My Aged Care: 1800 200 422.

  • Step 2: Quick phone assessment

    My Aged Care will complete an assessment with you over the phone.

    This will take about 10 minutes.

  • Step 3: Face to face meeting

    Depending on the outcome of your phone assessment, My Aged Care will organise an assessment to see whether you can receive a government subsidy.

    It will either be a:

    Regional Assessment Service

    • from one of the government’s Regional Assessment Service (RAS) providers.


    Aged Care Assessment Team assessment

    • from an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). The ACAT is conducted by a Doctor, Registered Nurse (RN), or Social Worker from a Local Area Health Network.
  • Step 4: Nominate Presbyterian Aged Care as your provider

    Your RAS or ACAT assessment is sent back to My Aged Care for referral to an Aged Care Approved Provider – such as Presbyterian Aged Care.

    You can request that your assessment be referred only to Presbyterian Aged Care, otherwise it will be broadcast to every Approved Provider and all can contact you.

  • Getting the care you need now

    Need care straight away?  Even if you haven’t yet qualified for funding from the government, you can choose to pay for care in your home at any stage.

    You can start getting the care you need now with Presbyterian Aged Care.

    Talk to one of our friendly team to get started.
    Call 1800 722 679 today

    Home Care: Costs

    How does payment for Home Care work?

    The federal government helps fund aged care assistance in your home.

    In some cases, you also pay a “contribution amount”.

    • For Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), the contribution amount is agreed between you and your provider.
    • For Home Care Package (HCP) the contribution amount has two components:
      1. A “basic amount” – that everyone pays
      2. An income tested amount – Centrelink assessed via an “Aged Care Fees Income Assessment” form

    Click here to find out more about paying for Home Care