The Inner West Home & Community Podiatry Service is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).
Previously run by Burwood Council, Presbyterian Aged Care took over the service in July 2020.
The Inner West Home & Community Podiatry service provides a comprehensive, high quality podiatry service to older people who reside in the Inner West Council Area. The service aims to enhance your mobility which will help you retain your independence and live in your own home for as long as possible. The Podiatry service complements PAC’s other Home Care and CHSP services.
Podiatrists help improve your mobility and support your independence by preventing and managing foot problems. The Inner West Home & Community Podiatry service provides advice on foot health, the assessment and diagnosis of foot pathology, identifies treatment options, formulates foot care plans and provides direct care. We also refer onwards as appropriate.
Our key practice areas are:
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs
- Treatment of conditions, including those resulting from bone and joint disorders such as arthritis and soft tissue and muscular pathologies, as well as neurological and circulatory disease
- Provision of diagnoses and treatment of any complications of the above which affect the lower limb, including skin and nail disorders, corns, calluses, and ingrown toenails
- Provision of diagnoses and treatment for foot injuries and infections gained through sport or other activities
The services are provided by professional podiatrists either:
- In clinic or
- In the comfort of your own home if you are unable to leave your home to attend clinic appointments.
Service Access and Contact Points:
- Podiatry services are accessed through My Aged Care (MAC)
- If you are eligible, our Staff will contact you to arrange a time to conduct the enquiry over the phone or visit you at home where required.
- You will be asked to contribute towards the cost of the services, fees will be discussed during the planning process and agreed to before the service begins.