30 June 2021
All residents and visitors are required to comply with any ‘stay at home’ or lockdown orders of NSW Health.
The following PAC residential homes are on Tier 3 restrictions (lockdown). Ashfield, Drummoyne, Thornleigh, Paddington and Gosford due to the heightened risk of community transmission of COVID-19 in the Greater Sydney area.
The directive to not allow visitors to residential aged care homes comes from the Chief Health Officer of NSW Health, effective 27 June 2021.
- No visitors are permitted to these homes.
- No residents should leave the home to go into the community, except for essential medical appointments that cannot be postponed or conducted by Telehealth.
- Under exceptional circumstances such as end of life care or essential care previously provided on an ongoing basis, the facility manager can authorise visitation.
The following Presbyterian Aged Care residential homes are on Tier 2 restrictions due to the heightened risk of community transmission of COVID-19: Walcha and Stockton.
- All staff and visitors must wear a surgical mask.
- Only two visitors per resident per day, for a maximum of one hour.
- Visitors showing any COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted entry.
- Visits should be in the resident’s room and visitors must not approach other residents.
- No visitors are permitted from Greater Sydney (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour).
- All visitors must present evidence of their flu-vax prior to visiting.
- Residents are encouraged not to go into the community unless necessary. On the occasion of an essential appointment, such as a medical appointment that cannot be postponed or conducted by Telehealth, an appropriate face mask is to be worn and staff will provide infection control advice.
All of our residential aged care services and staff are maintaining additional cleaning and infection control practices to prevent infection at the home.
Our staff are all COVID-19 screened daily.
Our staff will continue to provide the same quality of care and additional emotional support to residents during this time.