The Thornleigh site is currently undergoing a complete renovation and expansion, which will also include a dementia unit. Thus it is still located close to Thornleigh Shopping Centre, and both Hornsby & SAN Hospitals. Thoughtful planning has gone into the new home so that it will give residents and their families far above-norm features practically, and a more elegant and contemporary ambience aesthetically.
- Above average-sized rooms
- All residents will have access to an ensuite with shower and toilet from their room
- Private dining room for up to 12 people – which can be booked for private functions
- Both the dementia unit and standard care areas will include an activity kitchen, where visiting family can prepare food with residents and participate in activities that will have been very familiar to them in their past
- 2 east-facing solariums with views of a beautifully landscaped courtyard
- 14 separate communal rooms, one of which with a 24/7 Mandarin TV channel
- “Tea benches” providing tea, coffee, and snacks as desired by residents and visitors at no additional cost
- Commercial kitchen to allow home-style cooking by our chef on site
All the care practices in Presbyterian Aged Care’s existing residential aged care homes will of course be present at Thornleigh too, including a 24 hour Registered Nurse.